EWT is a Dutch headquarter designer, supplier, and O&M provider of its market leading sub-Megawatt wind turbine range. Its turbines are predominantly used to provide localized on and off grid generation solutions for customers spanning industry, agriculture, water utilities, communities, investment funds and landowners.
EWT is targeted on continued growth of its market leading position in the distributed wind area. The supply of electricity to meet demand is becoming increasingly localized as communities, industry and even selected utilities seek bypass infrastructure constraints and provide lower cost electricity at load demand. Both on and off grid, and independently as well as a part of an integrated, local electricity network, EWT has a proven, market leading, product range meeting this demand now.
In Mexico, EWT aims to achieve deployment of 50 turbines of 1MW by the end of 2019. In order to achieve this goal, project locations will be targeted to be located within 1-2km of industrial or other commercial facilities with high energy demands.
EWT is currently expanding the business in Mexico, which during the past two years has been aligning a strong pipeline in the country, for this reason we are looking for a “deal closing” talent who will help to close all ongoing deals and grow our business in the region. Leading a group of local business developers will be responsible to lead, mentor, guide the team generate sustainable turbine deployment volume through turbine sales or the structuring of power purchase agreements and energy sales agreements.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager Mexico, who is a pro-active player with entrepreneurial skills and “can do” attitude. With a great track record of closing sales in the energy sector focus in industrial users, large electricity consumers, communities or agricultural business. This will be a great challenge for which the appointed person will have full support from the HQ management team and the local development team. This person should aim to make project happen and move fast through the pipeline prioritizing the more advance projects. As well keep growing the network of channel partners across the country to keep generating leads and new projects.
What we are looking for in our candidate?
- Sales capability; a strong track record of closing deals and pipeline creation.
- A capability to bring market economics, project modelling, customer economics and EWT’s product offering together to develop new opportunities for turbine sales.
- A practical understanding of the current energy sector in Mexico with focus in H-M type of users (experience in sales and project definition for onsite energy generation in a clean energy field, e.g. Solar, Wind, biogas, biomass, cogeneration, etc.)
- At least 3 years of experience in the energy sector in Mexico.
- Financial awareness of project economics within renewable energy and able to create and work with financial models.
- Knowledge of the required permitting and organizations required to develop renewal projects in Mexico (CRE, CENACE, SENER, etc…)
- A strong association with and understanding of, the region and/or sector targeted. Including strong relationships for immediate impact.
- Willingness to travel within the country, acting independently but under instruction from the HQ.
- Existing network within the industrial, mining, tourist facilities which can be brought to action in support of EWT’s business development.
- Native level of Spanish and well in English, as EWT official communication language is English.
- Degree in business administration, international commerce, sustainable development or engineering.
- Living and working in Mexico
- Working independently and from home.
We are looking for someone with excellent time management skills, commercial and cost awareness, pragmatic and self-starting attitude, ability to travel internationally. We are looking for people who are flexible, creative, with a problem-solving attitude, who show initiative and who co-operate well with colleagues.
If you feel you are qualified, please do send us your cv and motivation letter to: Saskia van den Ingh (Human Resources)
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated and will not be responded to!
Saskia van den Ingh
Group HR Manager
+31 (0)33 454 05 20Get in touch