EWT is a Dutch headquarted designer, supplier, and O&M provider of its market leading wind turbine range. Its turbines are predominantly used to provide localised on and off grid generation solutions for customers spanning industry, agriculture, water utilities, communities, investment funds and landowners. Active in Europe, North America and building its business in Asia, EWT’s mission is to provide high-quality wind turbines with the lowest possible cost of ownership to the growing world of localised energy generation. The company’s highly professional standards and deep investment in technology are confirmed by its ISO 9001 and VCA** certification, as well as both the high availability levels across its fleet and the competitive cost of energy for localised generation.
Due to our ambitious international expansion strategy and our fast growing order portfolio, we have several excellent career opportunities for professionals whose sense of commitment, motivation, innovation and technical excellence equals our own. We strongly believe that our success in the world market for wind energy is powered by our most valuable assets: our talented and motivated employees.
As the leading Wind turbine distributed energy company, EWT’s product is deployed within microgrid and other systems (eg behind the meter of on site consumers) where the turbine serves within a wider energy generation and demand management system. In addition, EWT’s localised deployments can often be value enhanced by the addition of storage and/or other facilities.
For our HQ location in Amersfoort, the Netherlands, we are currently looking for a Software Engineer, reporting directly into the Electrical & Control Systems Engineering Manager.
- Developing new software for wind turbine control and testing
- Field testing and troubleshooting of wind turbine control software
- Commissioning prototype wind turbines and related features
- Keeping strict version control of software development process
- Working closely with electrical and mechanical engineers and field technicians to focus the software development on field requirements
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
- At least 2 years’ experience in industrial control systems software development
- Very good knowledge of C/C++
- Experience with version control software such as SVN or GIT
- Driver’s license
- Willing to travel internationally
- Experience with Bachmann PLC is a plus
- Basic knowledge of OOP and languages such as C#/Java/Python is a plus
- Experience with modelling software (e.g. Phatas, Matlab, Bladed, Powerfactory, PSSE) is a plus
You will develop on the job:
- Experience in practical control system problem analysis and solution
- Experience with electronic testing equipment (e.g. PQ analyzer, oscilloscope)
- Experience with motors, VFDs, control cabinets and instrumentation
- Awareness of international standards (e.g. ANSI, IEEE, IEC, UL)
We are looking for people who are flexible, creative, with a problem solving attitude, who show initiative and who co-operate well with colleagues.
If you feel you are qualified, please do send us your CV and motivation letter to: Saskia van den Ingh (Human Resources)
Saskia van den Ingh
Group HR Manager
+31 (0)33 454 05 20Get in touch