EWT is a global designer and manufacturer of gearless wind turbines, active in Europe, North America and Asia. EWT was established in 2004 and is based in the Netherlands. The company offers a broad product portfolio of onshore direct drive wind turbines. As EWT expands our presence in the United States we seek an experienced business developer who can lead our development efforts in California.
EWT’s mission is to provide high-quality wind turbines with the lowest possible cost of ownership. The company’s high professional standards are confirmed by its ISO 9001 and VCA** certificates. Further, our DIRECTWIND turbines are certified according to IEC standards by an independent certification authority. We take our mission seriously.
Looking for professionals
Due to our ambitious North American expansion strategy and our fast growing order portfolio, we have an excellent career opportunities for a business development professional whose sense of commitment, motivation, innovation and technical excellence equals our own. We strongly believe our success in the world market for wind energy is powered by our most valuable asset – our talented and motivated employees. We hope you consider joining this talented team.
Currently we are looking for a Business Development Manager.
Reports to: Country Manager, N.A.
Location of position: California, United States
Due to EWT’s success in Europe, Asia, and the UK, we are seeing great potential to expand our business into a wider range of global markets including the United States. EWT is looking for an experienced Business Development leader, who can work with the sales, marketing, and business development teams in order to identify and build ta development pipeline of EWT turbine projects in California.
The ideal candidate will analyze, identify, and develop new turbine markets, segments and applications with the goal to generating opportunities for sustainable turbine deployment in these new markets. This individual will develop go to market strategies, lead a global business development effort and successfully execute upon those strategies resulting with wind turbine projects.
This individual will be focused on business development in all key regions where energy costs are high and local resources permit the deployment of EWT’s turbines. Focus will also be on developing opportunities to expand our footprint where state, federal, and/or government incentives support the deployment of turbines. In many cases, an active role in developing and driving the legislation and policy will be required. Markets and industries include agriculture, manufacturing, municipal, water pumping/desalinization, light and heavy industry, commercial and industrial, and selected power utilities.
EWT is seeking personnel who can generate sustainable turbine deployment volume through one or more of turbine sales or the structuring of power purchase agreements and energy sales agreements, where EWT is an owner of projects.
- Identify, analyze, and develop new markets centered around EWT wind turbine products.
- Create and develop customer target lists that are actioned upon
- Implement business development go-to strategies for specific selected opportunities
- Meet turbine deployment (sales and/or development) targets in new market sectors.
- Create and develop new business relationships with key stakeholders and partners, as well as design and develop new channels to market
- Ensure current portfolio of EWT products and services are targeted correctly to enable rapid revenue growth, enable new growth from new products and/or markets
- Liaising effectively with internal corporate functions to enhance business direction and execution
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop market penetration strategies designed to achieve revenue targets set by the company in new markets as directed
- Develop and maintain a robust pipeline of qualified prospects through our CRM system, ensuring high level of activity is applied regularly to animate new channels via BD teams
- Analysis of competitive landscape in Renewable Energy sectors
- Partner with internal resources in sales, marketing, engineering and other technical departments to validate concepts and assumptions, gain support, and drive initiatives
- Analyze strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of proposed ventures and opportunities, present internally persuasively
- Creatively find solutions to client needs that embed company products
- Continuously improve understanding of market opportunities as segments, incentives, regulation, industry and competition evolve. Maintaining up-to-date market research and information is key
- For our organization we are looking for people who are flexible, creative, with trouble solving attitude who show initiative and who are very cooperative in working with colleagues.
What Kind of Background is Required to Thrive in this Position?
- Bachelor degree in business or engineering, preferred
- Successful and demonstratable experince developing energy business
- A demonstrated ability to identify key market drivers and expand the business.
- History of working within or alongside sales and/or development teams to positive effect.
- Demonstrated use of CRM to successfully achieve goals, preferred.
- A practical understanding of the wind and/or solar PV energy sector or power generation and its position in distributed energy
- A capability to bring market economics, project modeling, customer economics and product offerings together to develop new opportunities for turbine sales.
- Preferably, though not essential, a strong association with and understanding of, the region and/or sectors targeted. Including the building of strong relationships for immediate impact.
- Willingness to travel (50-75% is anticipated), acting independently but under instruction from the HQ.
- An ability to work well with diverse local business development, sales personnel, agents and distributors.
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer service including attentiveness and friendliness
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills to professionally articulate technology and product positioning to both business, technical and non-technical users
- Demonstrated strong management skills, analytical skills, persuasive ability and collaborative approach to solving customer requirements
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Languages: English is required; knowledge of other languages may be beneficial may be beneficial
For more detailed information, you can contact Saskia van den Ingh (Human Resources) 033-4540520 or firstname.lastname@example.org