EWT is a Dutch headquartered designer, supplier, and service provider of high performance 250kW-1MW wind turbines. EWT is at the heart of the global transition towards lower carbon and more sustainable forms of power generation, helping individuals, businesses and communities of all sizes to become distributed energy champions. We strongly believe that our success in the world market for wind energy is powered by our most valuable assets: our talented and motivated employees.
Due to our ambitious international expansion, we have an excellent career opportunity for a Financial Controller, with a sense of commitment, motivation and drive for innovation equal to our own.
The Financial Controller (based in Amersfoort) will be responsible for the global internal and external reporting of the Group. This is a new role which is created due to the recent international expansion as the Financial Controller will be leading the design and implementation of a new global reporting process.
The finance activities of EWT in North America and Northern Europe are managed out of our headquarters in Amersfoort. The finance function of our activities in Southern Europe and Asia is – or in the process to be – locally organised, with local finance teams in these countries. The Financial Controller will be the linking pin between the local finance teams, outsourced service providers and the headquarters in Amersfoort. As it is a new role in our team, you can truly influence how your role will look like. You will be reporting to our Group controller who leads the global finance function.
The Financial Controller is responsible for:
- Designing and implementing our global reporting process
- Overseeing local finance activities and reviewing financial information reported by the local finance teams
- Preparing monthly consolidation of approximately 25-30 entities
- Preparing of monthly management report for our management team, (supervisory) board and shareholders
- Preparing the (IFRS based) financial statements and other external financial reports
- Interaction with our external auditors and other service providers
- Annual corporate income tax returns across the group (preparation/coordination)
- Various other ad-hoc finance projects (for example treasury, cash flow, efficiency improvements).
- Education: academic level: Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent
- Experience: 5-7 year relevant working experience (Big4 experience is a plus)
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment
- Strong financial accounting skills
- Knowledge of external reporting under IFRS
- Strong ability to implement and monitor internal controls
- Team player
- Already living and working in the Netherlands, preferably close to Amersfoort
- Good communicator, planner and organizer
We are looking for someone with a problem-solving attitude, who shows initiative to further shape the role of Financial controller and who can co-operate well with colleagues and third parties in a truly international setting.
If you feel you are up for the challenge, look forward to the responsibility and are matching our profile, please do send your motivation and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
*we do not appreciate acquisition from recruitment agencies on this role*