EWT operates at the heart of the global transition towards lower carbon and more sustainable forms of power generation, helping individuals, businesses and communities of all sizes to become distributed energy champions.
Our award-winning 250kW-1MW wind turbines have been unlocking new DER (Distributed Energy Resources) as well as repowering existing sites for customers on three continents for over fifteen years. Distributed energy solutions and project development make the energy transition as simple as possible for all our customers – from energy consumers to producers and investors. And we continue to invest in and grow our distributed energy business, delivering our wind industry knowledge and services to customers as well as driving new solutions such as integrating generation technologies, storage and grid management.
Since 2004, EWT has supplied the most economical and reliable direct drive wind turbines for localized energy generation and over the years, we have continually challenged ourselves to improve our products to lower the cost of energy of our turbines. Today, with over 600 turbines installed across North America, Europe, and Asia, EWT has a proven, certified, and high-performing product range for the decentralized wind sector, including energy solutions and integration with other sources of generation.
The finance function of EWT’s activities in North America and North Europe is managed out of our HQ in Amersfoort. The finance function in South Europe and Asia is – or in the process to be – locally organised, with local finance teams in these regions. For our Headquarters in Amersfoort, we are currently looking for a Financial Controller (full-time), who will be part of our international finance team and will be reporting to the Group Controller.
The Financial Controller is responsible for:
- Monthly consolidation
- Monthly management accounts for our management, board and shareholders
- (IFRS based) annual accounts (for both group and stand-alone group companies) and other external financial reports
- Interaction with our external auditors and other advisors
- Annual corporate income tax returns across the group (preparation/coordination)
- Improvements to our reporting process and internal control environment
- Various other ad-hoc finance projects (for example treasury, cash flow, efficiency improvements).
What do you bring?
- Education: academic level: Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent;
- Experience: 5-7 year relevant working experience, preferably with one of the Big4, as you will be working on consolidating and preparing annual accounts
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment
- Strong financial accounting skills
- Knowledge of external reporting under IFRS
- Strong ability to implement and monitor internal controls
- Team player
- Good communicator, planner and organiser
What do we offer?
- A good package including benefits
- Development & growth
- Fun & success
- Freedom & responsibility
- An international & innovative environment
- A key role in a transformative industry
- A great team to work in
We are looking for people who are flexible, creative, with a problem-solving attitude, who show initiative and who co-operate well with colleagues in an international setting. If you feel you are up for the challenge, look forward to the responsibility and are matching our profile, please do send your motivation and cv to email@example.com.
We do not appreciate acquisition from recruitment agencies on this role.