EWT is focused on the continued growth of its market leading position in the distributed wind area and is looking for an experienced project developer to join and contribute to our market growth. This role will be focused on developing projects in the New York market.
For background, the supply of clean energy is becoming increasingly localized as communities, industry and even selected utilities seek bypass infrastructure constraints and provide lower cost renewable electricity on the grid and for local consumption. Both on and off grid, and independently as well as a part of a an integrated, local electricity network, EWT has a proven, market leading, product range meeting this demand now. We need an experienced project developer to help us build and manage our growing pipeline of these opportunities.
With an installed fleet in the US, over $700m invested by third parties in projects featuring our turbines in the last three years alone, competitive cost of energy and an award from Bloomberg New Energy Finance, we are considered the leading medium scale distributed energy company in the world.
Currently active in business development in the North East, California and Midwest, EWT deals with parties as diverse as agricultural groups, landowners, communities, co-ops, and islanded micro grids to name a few. We are growing our business focus in the US, hiring talented individuals to a growing team as well as adding financed and PPA solutions to our offering.
We are focused and committed to growing a sustainable and strong business in the US, and are seeking an additional team member for Project Development, with at least 3+ years of wind or solar PV energy (or related) project development experience.
The scope of the activities involved are:
- Develop and manage a consistent pipeline of projects based on company deployment goals
- Conduct/manage project identification and screening to select projects that have high probabilities of success
- Participate and manage origination activities as necessary
- Lead project permitting efforts
- Manage interconnection requirements
- Learn and manage state incentive programs and revenue contracts
- Determine which portions of projects can be completed internally versus which portions will require 3rd party experts
- Build network of environmental consultants, engineers, lawyers, utilities, state and federal agencies and other key stakeholders
- Identify project risk factors and develop plans to mitigate them
- Develop site-specific project plans, schedules, and budgets
- Manage projects from site identification through construction and turbine commissioning
Wind Resource Assessments
- Manage preliminary wind resource assessments (this will be done in conjunction with internal wind resource engineers)
- Conduct site screening using state/county wind resource maps and/or in-house database
- Identify potential nearby data sources
- Work with internal engineers to produce estimates of annual electricity production
Initial Site Assessments
- Direct desktop critical issues and/or fatal flaw studies which evaluate potential siting constraints including available acreage, obstacles to wind flow, topography, aviation, radar, sensitive species and habitats, sites of cultural and historic significance, flood plains, and aesthetic importance
- Identify and characterize project viability from local, state, and federal permitting perspectives
- Determine proximity of distribution lines, voltage, and available capacity
- Identify and manage all preconstruction surveys/studies required for procurement of all construction permits and approvals
Land Control & Permitting & Outreach
- Identify all landowners and/or land easements required to progress site development
- Negotiate and execute wind energy leases/easements with landowner(s)
- Identify federal, state, and local permits and approvals required for construction and develop and manage detailed project schedules
- Conduct scoping and project-related meetings with permitting authorities
- Manage 3rd party environmental and engineering consultants and public relations firms
- Plan and conduct community project meetings
- Prepare and submit those permit applications that can be prepared internally
- Determine proximity and rating of distribution lines in proximity to sites
- Manage 3rd parties to determine capacity on existing distribution lines
- Manage the interconnection process from initial electrical utility application through electrical studies to final executed generator interconnection agreement
Commercial & Financing
- Identify local, state, and or federal incentives and project eligibility requirements
- Complete applications for loans and grants and/or necessary revenue contracts
- Negotiate and execute Power Purchase Agreements with utilities, commercial or industrial customers or intermediaries
- Negotiate and execute contracts to sell renewable energy credits
- Work with EWT’s internal financial team to determine economic feasibility of projects
We are looking for someone with at least 3+ years of wind or solar PV energy (or related) project development experience, diligent and highly organized with an attention to detail, excellent time management skills, commercial and cost awareness, pragmatic and self-starting attitude, and the ability to travel domestically as required. We are looking for people who are flexible, creative, with a problem solving attitude, who show initiative and who work exceptionally well on a team. Ideally this person is close to or within driving distance of upstate New York.
If you feel you qualify and can support us, please do send your pitch and cv to email@example.com