EWT is a Dutch headquartered designer, supplier, and O&M provider of its high performance 250kW-1MW wind turbine range. EWT is at the heart of the global transition towards lower carbon and more sustainable forms of power generation, helping individuals, businesses and communities of all sizes to become distributed energy champions.
Our award-winning sub-MW wind turbines have been enabling new generation locations and repowering existing sites for customers in three continents for more than fifteen years. Since 2004, EWT has been creating distributed energy champions by supplying the most economical and reliable direct drive wind turbines for localized energy generation. Over the years, we have continually challenged ourselves to improve our products to lower the cost of energy of our turbines. Today, with over 600 turbines installed across North America, Europe, and Asia, EWT has a proven, certified, and high-performing product range for the decentralized wind sector, including energy solutions and integration with other sources of generation.
Due to our ambitious international expansion strategy we have several excellent career opportunities for professionals whose sense of commitment, motivation, innovation and technical excellence equals our own. We strongly believe that our success in the world market for wind energy is powered by our most valuable assets: our talented and motivated employees.
From our headquarters in Amersfoort our growing Operations Department is currently responsible for the O&M of approximately 500 turbines based around the globe.
We are looking for an experienced Operations Electrical Engineer to provide, together with the Operations Mechanical Engineer, elevated support to field technicians and control room engineers from remote and on site when dealing with complex turbine faults.
What will you do?
- Provide feedback and advice on draft Modifications and Service Modification prior to sign off.
- Deliver EWT Operator Training syllabus to all new customers.
- Complete turbine fault analysis for Monthly Board Report.
- Work closely with the quality department initiating and leading in multi-departmental work groups directed towards resolving issues with specific components which have demonstrated systematic failures.
- Actively review turbine alarms to understand cause and determine validity with a view to providing guidance for changes where necessary to E&CS.
- Field testing and review of new products and design features to verify suitability.
- Field testing and review of new software packages prior to roll out.
- Develop and review existing and new processes related to the duties of the Operations department as well as interdepartmental processes.
- Lead in electrical Feasibility Studies relating to new O&M opportunities.
- Provide technical support to the sales department when required by attending sales meetings and customer sales events.
- Provide feedback and contribute to the ECB on developmental matters.
- Develop and deliver training to technicians and control room engineers on electrical and control elements of the EWT products.
- Contribute to HSE dept. with production of Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Authorised Working Procedures, especially relating to electrical safety and Rope Access/WaH.
What will you bring?
- Proven working experience as a Operations Electrical Engineer, preferably in the wind industry.
- Degree in electrical engineering or Masters in similar discipline
- No vertigo
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the wind industry
- Fluent English speaking and in writing
- Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications.
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Based in the UK, but willing to travel regularly and work from home.
- No 9 – 5 mentality
We are looking for people who are flexible, creative, with a problem-solving attitude, who show initiative and who co-operate well with colleagues in an international setting. If you feel you are up for the challenge, look forward to the responsibility and are matching our profile, please do send your motivation and cv to email@example.com
* we do not appreciate acquisition from recruitment agencies on this role*