EWT operates at the heart of the global transition towards a lower carbon and more sustainable form of power generation, helping individuals, businesses, and communities of all sizes to become distributed energy champions.
Our award-winning 250kW-1MW wind turbines have been unlocking new DER (Distributed Energy Resources) as well as repowering existing sites for customers on three continents for over fifteen years. Distributed energy solutions and project development make the energy transition as simple as possible for all our customers – from energy consumers to producers and investors. And we continue to invest in and grow our distributed energy business, delivering our wind industry knowledge and services to customers as well as driving new solutions such as integrating generation technologies, storage, and grid management.
Since 2004, EWT has supplied the most economical and reliable direct drive wind turbines for localized energy generation and over the years, we have continually challenged ourselves to improve our products to lower the cost of energy of our turbines. Today, with over 600 turbines installed across North America, Europe, and Asia, EWT has a proven, certified, and high-performing product range for the decentralized wind sector, including energy solutions and integration with other sources of generation.
For our Dutch organisation, based in Amersfoort, we are looking for an experienced Operations Engineer to provide support for the engineering and operations departments with focus on prototyping, testing and remote projects.
What will you do?
- Installation and commissioning of turbines with non-standard equipment
- Installation, commissioning and field testing of prototypes
- Commissioning of turbines in remote locations
- Perform quality checks on installed turbines and support transfer of turbines to the service organization
- Assist the quality and engineering departments with analysis of component or system failures and alarms
- Support and perform component replacement programs
- Advice the engineering department on design improvements
- Field testing and review of new products and design features to verify suitability
- Provide feedback on engineering documents and manuals
- Root cause analysis using data from the SCADA system and findings on site
What will you bring?
- Proven working experience as an Operations Engineer, preferably in the wind industry.
- Degree in electrical engineering or Masters in similar discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the wind industry
- Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Proper handling and management of materials and spare parts
- No vertigo
- Fluent English speaking and in writing (Dutch is helpful, but not necessary)
- Based in the Netherlands, but travelling and working on site more than half of the time
- No 9 – 5 mentality
- In possession of a valid European driver’s license
What do we offer you?
– A good package including benefits
– Development & growth
– Fun & Success
– Freedom & responsibility
– An international & innovative environment
- A key role in a transformative industry
- A great team to work in
We are looking for people who are flexible, creative, with a problem-solving attitude, who show initiative and who co-operate well with colleagues in an international setting. If you feel you are up for the challenge, look forward to the responsibility and are matching our profile, please do send your motivation and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
* we do not appreciate acquisition from recruitment agencies on this role*