EWT is a Dutch headquartered designer, supplier, and O&M provider of its high performance 250kW-1MW wind turbine range. EWT is at the heart of the global transition towards lower carbon and more sustainable forms of power generation, helping individuals, businesses and communities of all sizes to become distributed energy champions.
Our award-winning sub-MW wind turbines have been enabling new generation locations and repowering existing sites for customers in three continents for more than fifteen years. Since 2004, EWT has been creating distributed energy champions by supplying the most economical and reliable direct drive wind turbines for localized energy generation. Over the years, we have continually challenged ourselves to improve our products to lower the cost of energy of our turbines. Today, with over 600 turbines installed across North America, Europe, and Asia, EWT has a proven, certified, and high-performing product range for the decentralized wind sector, including energy solutions and integration with other sources of generation.
Due to our ambitious international expansion strategy we have several excellent career opportunities for professionals whose sense of commitment, motivation, innovation and technical excellence equals our own. We strongly believe that our success in the world market for wind energy is powered by our most valuable assets: our talented and motivated employees.
We are looking for an experienced Procurement Engineer to provide support to our buyers (located in Amersfoort and Chennai, India) to match supplier offers with our engineering specification and to our engineers to provide supplier input on specifications. As the majority of the work is related to the electrical components we are looking for a person with such a background, although part of the work is mechanical as well.
What will you do?
- Support buyers in finding and selecting the right solution in the market to match EWT’s requirements;
- Maintain scope integrity when splitting scope over multiple suppliers;
- Provide market feedback to engineering department;
- Maintain Orderable Item integrity, create supplier specific specifications, review new Orderable Items and suggest updates;
- Ensure inclusion of cost out initiatives into new designs and orders, provide input for new cost out projects;
- Provide feedback and contribute to the Engineering Change Board on developmental matters.
- Provide feedback and advice on draft Orderable Items and specifications before issuing;
- Work closely with the quality department initiating and leading in multi-departmental work groups directed towards resolving issues with specific components which have demonstrated systematic failures.
What will you bring?
- Experience in engineering in a commercial environment
- Experience in a commercial environment
- Degree in electrical engineering or Masters in similar discipline
- Fluent English speaking and in writing
- Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications.
We are looking for people who are flexible, creative, with a problem-solving attitude, who show initiative and who co-operate well with colleagues in an international setting. If you feel you are up for the challenge, look forward to the responsibility and are matching our profile, please do send your motivation and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
* we do not appreciate acquisition from recruitment agencies on this role*