India is one of the countries with the largest installed capacity of wind power in the world. We at EWT believe there is room for more and are convinced that our direct drive wind turbines are a great addition to the turbines available on the Indian market. In 2018, EWT Wind Turbines India PVT Ltd was incorporated and a state-of-the-art assembly facility was set up in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. With capacity to assemble up to 100 sets of hubs and nacelles annually, the assembly facility will play a key role in EWT’s ambitions to manufacture and supply wind turbines in India. India is on track to double its onshore wind capacity and EWT aims its wind turbines to contribute to this target, both in greenfield projects and in repowering.
EWT is a designer, supplier, and O&M provider of a range of 250 kW to 1MW wind turbines. EWT wind turbines are used to provide generation solutions for utilities, industrial users, communities, investment funds and private landowners. Not only are we active in India, but also in Europe and North America. EWT’s mission is to provide high-quality wind turbines with the lowest possible cost of ownership. In addition to the IEC 61400 certification for all EWT wind turbines, the company’s high professional standards and deep investments in technology and quality are confirmed by its ISO 9001 and OHSAS certifications.
Are you eager to secure a promising position with an ambitious company in one of the most attractive industries of the future? Based out of our facility in Chennai, Tamil Nadu we are recruiting for a Lead Quality Assurance Engineer to ensure Quality of the product and processes to support the installation of >50 turbines per year throughout India. This position is based in Chennai and reports into the Country manager India & The HSEQ Manager in the Netherlands.
- Oversee Quality Team’s work for quality assurance and compliance
- Owns the direct QA responsibility of all mechanical parts (e.g, fabricated steel components, bearings) sourced in India
- Execute inspections and final acceptances at suppliers
- Implementing supplier quality and controls processes across the integrated Supply Chain and Internal Assembly Facility
- Oversee detailed inspection and release of components and assemblies at supplier / inhouse at various phases and throughout the manufacturing process. Execute and perform inspections at suppliers
- Asist with the identification and development of required Quality management systems procedures and processes
- Ensure compliance to QMS and HSE management system requirements
- Assist and participate in Suppliers qualification and selection
- Successfully collaborating with Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering and other functions as necessary
- Monitor performance and generate comprehensive reports on Key performance indicators and improvement items
- Liaising closely with HQ (The Netherlands) to ensure seamless introduction of product and processes quality. Proactively initiate and participate in improvement programs.
- Completed engineering or technical studies in the field of Mechanical OR Manufacturing engineering
- 5+ years of professional experience in comparable positions
- Methodological knowledge in the field of quality management (e.g. FMEA, control plans, ISO)
- Proven QA and QC experience in an international environment
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Willing to travel
- Aware to read and interpret documents such as drawings, specifications and procedural manuals, compliance requirements
- Proven track record in supplier development, able to drive positive change and to clearly communicate, convince, motivate and inspire others
- Well organized, self-driven person, able to work and complete tasks independently and on time
- Good reporting skills
- Analytical, accurate, good presentation
- Hands on mentality and able to work under stress
If you are interested and you match our criteria, please do send your cv and motivation letter by e-mail to: Saskia van den Ingh (Human Resources) at email@example.com
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated!