EWT is a Dutch manufacturer of medium-sized wind turbines, which is active in Europe, North America and Asia. The company has built hundreds of wind turbines for distributed wind projects that power large factories, but also provide income to farmers and supply electricity to rural communities. Over the past three years customers have invested over €0.6bn in projects featuring EWT’s turbines. During this period, EWT also moved into the wider distributed energy space by developing one of the largest community solar projects in the US. EWT’s mission is to provide high-quality wind turbines with the lowest possible cost of ownership within the growing world of distributed energy generation, as well as to grow a wider business in distributed energy.
EWT recently adopted a new strategy which focuses on geographical expansion and on penetration of new customer segments which need to be served with new product and service offerings. The company recently established a factory and commercial organization in India. Further, EWT will also forward integrate into the value chain by providing EPC, project development and project finance solutions for distributed energy projects.
Due to our success and the potential to build our business into a wider range of markets, we are currently looking for our HQ location in Amersfoort, the Netherlands, for a Sales Engineer.
As Sales Engineer you are responsible for technical and commercial support of the sales & business development department of EWT.
- You are in frequent contact with clients, consultants and grid operators all over the world, preparing technical and commercial proposals and able to discuss the technical ins and outs in detail. For these proposals you will prepare quotations, yield calculations, budget calculations and time schedules.
- You are able to respond to formal RFI’s and invitations to tender.
- You will support the local sales engineers in our country organisations.
- You liaise intensively with colleagues of the sales, business development, engineering, supply chain, design, operations and finance departments.
- You also liaise with subcontractors for the Balance of Plant (civil- and electrical infrastructure) for EPC type of projects.
- Inventory of customer requirements, monitoring the progress of sales projects and taking care of proper handover of these projects to the Operations department are tasks you handle easily.
- You are responsible for keeping up-to-date the client and project files.
- You are an administrator of the CRM system.
- You will contribute to monitoring market developments and benchmarking against competition.
- We ask a (minimum) Bachelor Degree in Electrical engineering, Aerospace engineering or equivalent and experience or at least affinity with wind energy.
- You have 3+ years of relevant experience.
- You are, or can make yourself, familiar with international standards (ANSI, IEEE, IEC)
- You are familiar with the use of a CRM system.
- You have experience of driving CRM improvement
- You have excellent analytical and communication skills as well as time- and project management skills.
- You are fluent in English and Dutch language, preferably French & German as well
- You are currently working and living in the Netherlands
- You like to work both independently as well as in a team
- You are commercially aware, pragmatic and self-starting
- It would be great if you have experience in working internationally with clients from different parts of the world
- It would also be an added value if you have prior exposure to project development
We are looking for people who are flexible, creative, with a problem-solving attitude, who show initiative and who co-operate well with colleagues.
If you feel you are up for the challenge, look forward to the responsibility and are matching our profile, please do send your motivation and cv to email@example.com
* we do not appreciate acquisition from recruitment agencies on this role*