EWT is a global designer and manufacturer of direct drive wind turbines, active in Europe, North America and Asia. EWT was established in 2004 and is based in the Netherlands. Our company offers a broad product portfolio of onshore direct drive wind turbines.
Due to our ambitious international expansion strategy and our fast growing order portfolio, we have several excellent career opportunities for professionals whose sense of commitment, motivation, innovation and technical excellence equals our own. We strongly believe that our success in the world market for wind energy is powered by our most valuable assets: our talented and motivated employees.
For our wind turbines in the UK, we are looking for a Senior Service Technician Wind who is are responsible for the service and maintenance of our wind turbines the regions of Belfast. It is important that we find some one located in or near Belfast with an electrical background.
- Your main goal will be to perform all activities related to the commissioning, maintenance and repair of our wind turbines in the UK (Northern Ireland)
- You are located in the region of Belfast and are able to travel within the area
- This contains physically demanding labour as you will be frequently climbing our turbines (75 m) and performing tasks that require fierce force
- You are responsible for the checking and quality of all components as well as recognizing interconnections within the system’s architecture.
- During all activities you are responsible for maintaining customer contact on site to update them on the status.
- You are accountable for the safe and effective operation of all kinds of electronical and mechanical parts in the EWT turbines.
- Continuously improving the performance of our wind turbines based on the error/gap analysis, response times and Operational Data statistics
- You will also on occasion work on tasks with the control room, remote monitoring turbines worldwide
- You are prepared to travel occasionally to other locations and work stand by in weekends and evenings.
What do you bring?
- You need to have proven experience or a minimum of a Level 3 Electrical qualification
- Knowledge of Electrical (and Mechanical) Engineering would be nice
- You either have a climbing certificate or are willing to get this trough us
- You do need to have your driver’s licence
- You are in excellent physical health and do not suffer from vertigo
- You are able to work under pressure
- You are willing to learn on the job and are able to travel
- For this position we are looking for people who have a positive attitude, are flexible and creative, with trouble solving attitude, who show initiative and who are very cooperative in working with colleagues like real team players
- You work with great pleasure to build a strong and professional team and a good relationship with customers and stakeholders (both internal and external)
- You know how to solve problems and are strong in setting priorities.
If you match our criteria, please do send us your motivation and cv to Saskia van den Ingh (Human Resources), at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated!