Do you like to be in between procurement and engineering? Are you that engineer who can negotiate or that buyer who enjoys technology? Then we are looking for you. A formal education in (power) electronics as well as a multiple years’ experience in a relevant environment is an absolute must, as well as the ability to communicate on senior management level.
You will lead commercial discussions with highly specialized suppliers as well as develop new suppliers in your category. There you will need to be able to translate EWT’s requirements (technically and commercially) to suppliers, and provide market knowledge to EWT’s engineering department in further developing our product, especially in the area of cost reduction. You will take the initiative for your category, and, after an intensive introduction, work independently.
The senior technical buyer is part of the Operations Department and reports to the Manager Procurement. The Operations Department consists of project management, product management, procurement, expediting, planning, logistics and the main warehouse in Amersfoort. For the right candidate, a growth path towards the function of Manager Procurement is an option in due course.
- Willing and able to challenge the current strategies of the main electrical building blocks to look for opportunities to reduce costs, decrease risk and/or improve reliability by introducing new technologies and/or new suppliers.
- Securing EWT’s dual sourcing strategy.
- Manage RFI & RFQ’s
- Negotiate & close contracts
- Lead the product strategy (technically and commercially) for electrical drive train and control systems
- Actively participate in value engineering projects
- Challenge both suppliers and the organization to get to the most optimal solution
- Stakeholder management
- Excellent communication skills
- You are result driven and you have a “can-do” mentality.
- Business acumen
- Work and plan with IFS (ERP system)
- Control orders and progress of suppliers.
- Ability to function within cross-functional teams.
- Take initiative to further optimize internal processes.
You have a strong background in (power) electronics at least at a bachelor level. You have a strong affinity and knowledge of electrical components, and multiple years’ experience in a similar field. In depth knowledge of power converters, power transformers, electrical generators and/or control systems as a strong plus.
At least ten (10) years’ experience in a technical commercial function in a relevant field in a manufacturing company is a must, as well as relevant commercial experience working with other cultures, preferably in Asia. You are really a self starter and can work independently. There needs to be a willingness to travel up to 40%. You are familiar with ERP systems, planning tools and production related documentation, possess commercial awareness and initiative.
You have the right mindset and capacity to positively influence others. You possess strong analytical and project management skills. Your excellent communications skills will ensure strong stakeholder engagement and you are result driven and you have a “can-do” mentality.
If you feel you are qualified, please do send us your cv and motivation letter to: Saskia van den Ingh (Human Resources) at email@example.com