EWT operates at the heart of the global transition towards lower carbon and more sustainable forms of power generation, helping individuals, businesses and communities of all sizes to become distributed energy champions.
Our award-winning 250kW-1MW wind turbines have been unlocking new DER (Distributed Energy Resources) as well as repowering existing sites for customers on three continents for over fifteen years. Distributed energy solutions and project development make the energy transition as simple as possible for all our customers – from energy consumers to producers and investors. And we continue to invest in and grow our distributed energy business, delivering our wind industry knowledge and services to customers as well as driving new solutions such as integrating generation technologies, storage and grid management.
Since 2004, EWT has supplied the most economical and reliable direct drive wind turbines for localized energy generation and over the years, we have continually challenged ourselves to improve our products to lower the cost of energy of our turbines. Today, with over 600 turbines installed across North America, Europe, and Asia, EWT has a proven, certified, and high-performing product range for the decentralized wind sector, including energy solutions and integration with other sources of generation.
In 2018, EWT Wind Turbines India PVT Ltd was incorporated and a state-of-the-art assembly facility was set up in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. With capacity to assemble up to 100 sets of hubs and nacelles annually, the assembly facility will play a key role in EWT’s ambitions to manufacture and supply wind turbines in India. For our office in Chennai, India, we are currently looking for Software Engineers, reporting directly to the Systems and Software Engineering Manager.
- Development and testing software for wind turbine real-time control
- Working with hardware-in-loop testing
- Field testing and troubleshooting of wind turbine control software
- Commissioning prototype wind turbines and related features
- Strict version control of software development process; release changelog for each revision
- Working closely with other engineers and field technicians to focus the software development on field requirements
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in software, physics, electrical engineering or similar
- At least 2 to 7 years’ experience with C/C++ (strong requirement)
- At least 1 to 5 years’ experience in industrial control system software or embedded/real-time applications
- Experience with debugging and profiling applications/algorithms
- Experience with version control software such as SVN or GIT
- Experience working with Agile development methods
- Pro-active, analytical, and creative person with a “can-do” mentality
- Comfortable speaking and writing in English
- Driver’s license and willing to travel internationally (infrequent)
- Experience with Bachmann PLC is a big plus
- Experience with C#(.Net) desktop application development is a plus
- Experience with international standards (e.g. ANSI, IEEE, IEC, UL) is a plus
What do we offer to you?
- A good package including benefits
- Sevelopment & growth
- Fun & success
- Freedom & responsibility
- An international & innovative environment
- A key role in a transformative industry
- A great team to work in
We are looking for people who are flexible, creative, solution-minded, who show initiative and co-operate well with colleagues. We encourage you to apply with a cover letter. A screening test to assess your skills, will be part of the procedure.
When you are interested and qualify, please send us your cv and motivation to: Saskia van den Ingh (Human Resources) at email@example.com. A screening test to assess your skills, will be part of the procedure.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.