EWT is a Dutch headquarted designer, supplier, and O&M provider of its market leading 250-900kw wind turbine range. Its turbines are predominantly used to provide localised on and off grid generation solutions for customers spanning industry, agriculture, water utilities, communities, investment funds and landowners. Active in Europe, North America and building its business in Asia, EWT’s mission is to provide high-quality wind turbines with the lowest possible cost of ownership to the growing world of localised energy generation. The company’s highly professional standards and deep investment in technology are confirmed by its ISO 9001 and VCA** certification, as well as both the high availability levels across its fleet and the competitive cost of energy for localised generation.
Due to our ambitious international expansion strategy and our fast growing order portfolio, we have several excellent career opportunities for professionals whose sense of commitment, motivation, innovation and technical excellence equals our own. We strongly believe that our success in the world market for wind energy is powered by our most valuable assets: our talented and motivated employees.
As the leading Wind turbine distributed energy company, EWT’s product is deployed within microgrid and other systems (eg behind the meter of on site consumers) where the turbine serves within a wider energy generation and demand management system. In addition, EWT’s localised deployments can often be value enhanced by the addition of storage and/or other facilities.
For our HQ location in Amersfoort, the Netherlands, we are expanding our buying team and are currently looking for a Loads & Control Engineer
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Develop wind turbine control strategies for rotor speed, pitch and torque control for new turbine developments
• Setting up, execution and reporting of load calculations according to IEC 61400-1 for new turbine developments and certification purposes
• Validate control strategies initially through simulation models and subsequently through field testing
• Optimize current wind turbine control strategies for load reduction and/or power performance enhancement
• Drive the research and development of new control strategies from feasibility stage to field verification
• Support Software Engineers for proper implementation of control strategies in turbine PLC
• Analysis of wind turbine data for benchmarking performance of wind turbine and associated systems
• Perform Safety system risk management through failure mode and effect analysis
• Liaison with certification bodies for certification of load and safety and control systems certification
• Support load measurement campaigns and simulation model validation
• Degree qualified in related technical or scientific discipline
• Similar proven experience within the wind industry of at least two years
• Proficient experience with aero-elastic software wind turbine codes
• Knowledge and experience of programming
• Experience in Matlab desirable and preferably of dynamic systems simulation
• An understanding of IEC standards for load assumptions and safety system requirements
• Creative with strong analytical skills
• Fluent in English, good technical reporting skills
• Commercially aware, pragmatic and self starting
• Ability to work independently and within a team
• Must be already be living and working in the Netherlands (in possession of a visa)
We are looking for a person, who is flexible, creative, with a problem-solving attitude, who show initiative and co-operates with colleagues.
If you are interested and you match our criteria, please do send your cv and motivation letter by e-mail to: Saskia van den Ingh (Human Resources) at firstname.lastname@example.org