EWT is a Dutch headquarted designer, supplier, and O&M provider of its market leading 250-900kw wind turbine range. Its turbines are predominantly used to provide localised on and off grid generation solutions for customers spanning industry, agriculture, water utilities, communities, investment funds and landowners. Active in Europe, North America and building its business in Asia, EWT’s mission is to provide high-quality wind turbines with the lowest possible cost of ownership to the growing world of localised energy generation. The company’s highly professional standards and deep investment in technology are confirmed by its ISO 9001 and VCA** certification, as well as both the high availability levels across its fleet and the competitive cost of energy for localised generation.
For our Head Quarters in Amersfoort, The Netherlands, we are looking for a Procurement Engineer.
As our Procurement Engineer you will provide support to our buyers (located in Amersfoort and Chennai, India) to match supplier offers with our engineering specification and to our engineers to provide supplier input on specifications.
Place in the organisation
You report to the Director Supply Chain & Procurement.
- Support buyers in finding and selecting the right solution in the market to match EWT’s requirements;
- Communicate equipment needs to the supplier
- Evaluating vendors and procurement strategies for efficiency and value
- Close involvement in the implementation of a new ERP system
- Maintain scope integrity when splitting scope over multiple suppliers
- Provide market feedback to engineering department
- Maintain Orderable Item integrity, create supplier specific specifications, review new Orderable Items and suggest updates
- Ensure inclusion of cost out initiatives into new designs and orders, provide input for new cost out projects
- Provide feedback and contribute to the Engineering Change Board on developmental matters
- Provide feedback and advice on draft Orderable Items and specifications before issuing
- Work closely with the quality department initiating and leading in multi-departmental work groups directed towards resolving issues with specific components which have demonstrated systematic failures
- Support of special projects (for example NCR’s)
- MBO/Bachelor degree in electrical engineering or a similar discipline
- Experience in engineering in a commercial environment
- Experience in an international environment
- Experience with implementation of an ERP system, preferably Infor
- Fluent in English and preferably one other European language
- Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications.
- Negotiating skills
- Problem solving attitude
- Team player
If you think this is the job for you and you fit the profile, please send your CV and cover letter to Mariëlle Wagemaker (HR) on email@example.com A screening test to assess your skills will be part of the procedure.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.